EU3D Future of Europe debates in France
Sciences Po Grenoble will host a series of debates on the future of the European Union on 24-28 January 2022, at the occasion of the French Presidency of the Council of the EU.
The roundtable debates will take place in the context of the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The debates will bring together researchers, students, political and administrative actors at EU, national and local levels, as well as civil society, to discuss challenges facing the EU today. Four themes will be discussed: Rule of law, European economic recovery, citizens' expectations, and China and the EU.
The debates are held in French.
Opening by Sabine Saurugger and Cécile Pelaudeix.
The rule of law and the role of the European Court of Justice
24 January 2022, 17:30-19:30
- Fabien Terpan, Sciences Po Grenoble
- Henri Oberdorff, Université Populaire Européenne de Grenoble
- Lencka Popravka, CESICE, Université Grenoble Alpes
- Chair: Céline Belot
The end of the crisis and economic recovery in Europe
25 January 2022, 17:30-19:30
- Marie-Estelle Binet, Sciences Po Grenoble
- Sandro Gozi, Member of the European Parliament (Renew Europe)
- Jacques Le Cacheux, University of Pau and Pays de l’Adour, Sciences Po Paris
- Yann Echinard, Sciences Po Grenoble
- Chair: Cécile Pelaudeix
Citizens' perceptions and expectations
27 January 2022, 17:30-19:30
- Céline Belot, CNRS PACTE, Sciences Po Grenoble
- Gwendoline Delbos-Corfield, Member of the European Parliament (Greens/European Free Alliance)
- Gaetane Ricard-Nihoul, Member of the Common Secretariat for the Conference on the Future of Europe, former deputy Head of the European Commission Representation in France
- Elisabeth Sénégas, La Chimère Citoyenne
- Chair: Marie-Estelle Binet
EU resilience to China
28 January 2022, 17:30-19:30
- Cécile Pelaudeix, CNRS PACTE, Sciences Po Grenoble
- Armelle Douaud, Director, Directorate for Democracy Support, DG External Policies, European Parliament
- André Gattolin, Member of the French Senate, Vice-President of the European Affairs Committee and of the Defence Committee, Member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- Camille Brugier, Institute for Strategic Research (IRSEM)
- Chair: Fabien Terpan
The debates will be held both physically and online and require registration.
If you have any questions, please contact Cécile Pelaudeix.
This event is organised in the framework of the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union. It is not organised by the French Government. However, it is authorised by the Government to use the emblem of the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union.