Master’s thesis on European integration and democracy?
We offer grants of NOK 20,000 to students who write their master’s thesis on EU3D-relevant topics.
EU3D is a large research project coordinated by ARENA Centre for European Studies at the University of Oslo that asks:
What are the democratic potentials and dominance pitfalls of differentiation in the EU today?
We invite master’s students who write their thesis on relevant matters to apply, with particular interest in the following topics:
- Brexit and differentiated integration
- The role of parliaments in fostering democratic reforms
- Media and EU integration
If you are interested in writing your MA thesis on the increasingly differentiated European political order, we can offer:
- Participation in a research project with ten European partners
- An ARENA researcher as supervisor
- Work space in our offices by Oslo Science Park
- Your thesis published as an EU3D report
- A grant of NOK 20,000
Selected students will be part of the academic collegium and participate in relevant joint activities at the ARENA office in Oslo.
Applicants are expected to submit their MA thesis during the spring term of 2021.
Application deadline: 20 September 2020.
Read more about the student grants and application procedure at the ARENA website.